HOMO SAPIENS, I HEAR YOU
Conceptualized in collaboration with Dr. Nelly Ben Hayoun, a celebrated and award-winning creative director of experiences, Homo Sapiens, I Hear You offers a yearlong series of unique seminars that will question, debate and modernize Abraham Maslow’s “Hierarchy of Needs.”
- JAN: Sleep With Me: On beds, the unconscious and the nighttime
- FEB: The Last Supper: On tables, carnivores and kitchen stories.
- MAR: Breathe It In: On air, wind and lungs.
- APR: Fire In My Eyes: On catastrophe, electricity and disaster management.
- MAY: BOO! On fear, violence and safety.
- JUN: Talk to Me. I am Your Friend: On animals, friendship and speech.
- JUL: What is This? On curiosity, extinct species and doors.
- AUG: Let Me Be the King: On bureaucracy, the office and labour.
- SEP: Where is this? On toxic tourism, leisure and forests.
- OCT: My Hero! On peers, superpowers and cyborgs.
- NOV: Pray for Me: On religion, beliefs and other fictions.
- DEC: Homo Sapiens, I Hear You: On shamanism, spirits and magic.
Participants will experience thought-provoking conversations, immersive lectures, collaborative workshops and unique sensory experiences guided by experts in conventional and unconventional fields and industries. Along the way, we will unravel new perspectives on what motivates us and explore whether the modern practice of design addresses our essential needs – from the most basic functions (eating, sleeping, etc.) to the more fulfilling (self-improvement, practicing sports).
A/D/O is a community-based endeavor that aims to understand the future of design.
A/D/O is located in a 23,000 square foot former warehouse in Greenpoint, Brooklyn’s Industrial Business Zone. It has been converted into a space for creative exchange.
A/D/O is part of MINI .