Today, we’ll take a little break from your projects and explore another researcher/designer’s methods for exploring urban intelligences. Then we’ll play around with our own measurement instruments.
Guest: Bryan Boyer @ 4pm
- Check out Bryan’s work and his writing on Medium.
- Kathleen H. Pine and Max Liboiron, “The Politics of Measurement and Action,” Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI, 2015): 3147-56.
- Marcus Foth and Martin Brynskov, “Participatory Action Research for Civic Engagement,” in Eric Gordon and Paul Mihailidis, eds., Civic Media: Technology | Design | Practice (Cambridge, MIT Press, 2016): 563-80.
- Excerpts from Elliott Montgomery and Chris Woebken, Extrapolation Factory: Operator’s Manual (CreateSpace, 2016).
- Francisco Laranjo, “Critical Everything,” Grafik (March 8, 2015);
- Bryan Boyer, Justin W. Cook and Marco Steinberg, Legible Practices: Six Stories about the Craft of Stewardship (Sitra, 2013) – particularly their one-page method profiles on pp. 34-40, 53-7, 68-75, 86-93, 104-11, 123-8.